Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Promise Me Protect

It would be some place with no name
I don't mean Nome but somewhere
by then it would be considered urban
not Geneva or Zurich or even Paris
I was thinking Fairbanks just for the sound
checking up on my upper arms are they attached

What I think and what is here never matches
that's how much of a journey it is when
searching the reaches all white and sandy
edges grinding on edges imperceptibly
they've graduated from saying mom
It's modern it's what they will say about me
wasn't that ever my focus--

That's when questions will be silent at last!
They'll say that person died while living
with heads still firmly attached turning this way
rolling that shirt collars comfortable clean
Branches leaves above rain dripping down
sun promising more than what is all around

No comments:

Post a Comment