Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pacing

Do the pacing on your pacing guides.  Huh?  Another forced mandate.  Another vague directive.  "By the end of the month" doesn't really sound like a reward or paycheck reminder any longer.  The words "pacing" and "guide" hold no meaning any longer.  There must be a technically correct linguistic term for this.  I don't know what it is.  Bogus comes to mind.  So does nimrod.  Pacing on the pacing guides--mixed up semantics and jumbled jargon mish mashing into and obliterating meaning.  What is expected, exactly, except for a mental breakdown in words?  I have no jargon for this.  I have no words.  I only know that this is exhaustive and I no longer see where the hoop is to jump through.  I only see the through part.  I only jump.  The jumping part.  Wait, the pacing part.  Pacing.  Jumping is guiding my pacing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure the kids like you. I'm sure the principal likes you. How could they not?

    Of course one never knows, but still.

    (Have by the by just better-late-than-neverly linked up to you from dunces' corner, where we pace ourselves ever so moderately, while staring at the blind point where the walls and blackboards converge -- do they still have blackboards in the XXI century? -- and simultaneously dodging the rebounds of the invisible spitballs hurled at our backs by a future that is in truth probably no more retarded than we are... do they still have peer pressure?)

    ReplyDelete