Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Teacher Zombie Now

What I See From Where I Stand
                When I look around the room, I see lots of faces I do not know.  My students are not my age.  I am their instructor this semester at Hawaii Community College.  Some faces I do know.  There are more than two =people that I do know in this room.  Well, there is one that I don’t know but I feel as if I know him (he is from Oahu and could be any one of a number of young boys/men  I taught when I lived on the Windward Side of that island).  I see that we are lucky in America, we get to do things that other countries are not allowed or don’t have the idea to do.   I see students from the Big Island, I see students from other Islands and even from other Pacific regions in the class.  I see students from the other side of the island, the Kona side.  They are a breath of fresh air in a muggy and hot atmosphere.  They bring the open land with them; they bring the dry keawe and the white sand memories of old Hawaii.  They bring hard work and a positive attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment