Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Dear Monsieur Albert

Please tell Tina to speak
the sister competition is off
 finis

Should I address you as Alpert
(Herb) Alpert and the Tijuana Brass

The album we hated most
in Mom's collection, musically

The one we looked at
more than Woodstock--
Corine stuck on Marty Robbins'
Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs

Is that where your name comes from?
Was there a battle I missed?  Not counting
Mom and Dad and that summer of John.

Is this the possible reason for your Ezra Pound
silence?  A protest against the past any mention
of it now

The voice you use in your work
is the one you use in real life, Monsieur

Please use this voice to tell her
I've come to no conclusions

Please tell her I admire her pergola even though
I called it a credenza by mistake trying to sound
international

Please tell her that the stuff about spraying
and having to spray the wicker furniture
underneath the credenza--

I'll use pergola
so I don't appear so foolish
plus that is what it was


No comments:

Post a Comment