Sunday, November 11, 2018

The Dream Decided To Unbind Itself

The dream decided I did not decide the dream
picked me clean bones and compartments
we are all     that is left      after the dust     feathers        the hour glass
a bombing      a car crash       are not the same
but I try to remember
the ones I knew so well
and the ones I never met at all

Mornings
when coffee is ready
                                           we are all quiet except the rustling
of the  The Oregonian so smooth around the bend
the four of them nearly flew out the window when the truck crashed
into their periphery he could never see what was coming
I loved them so much along with so many others

Was this what she felt all these years what's the use meals
get togetherness a chore when her missing parents and siblings
perished in '44 they had made it almost to the end their world
as they knew it their dream continuing with love and a little luck






No comments:

Post a Comment